Career and Technical Education Department
Ms. Patricia Fisher
Career & Technical Education Department Head
Colonel Norris Brickhouse
Lead Army JROTC Instructor
In order for students to become successful and productive members of society they must learn to earn. Career and Technology Education prepares students for the world of work, post-secondary education and success in their personal endeavors and relationships. CTE is an integral part of the total education program in Richmond Public Schools. Program offerings in CTE are open to all students in RPS.
Our mission is to provide opportunities for students to be prepared for the 21st century world of work, further education and training, and continue to be life-long learners through linkage of education, business, labor market and the community. Our students will be college, career and citizenship ready to be a productive citizen and a success in their family, relationships and community.
- Improving academic and technical competencies of students
- Preparing students for the world of work, post secondary educational training and to make career choices
- Survey the labor market needs and prepare students accordingly
- Preparing students for industry certification/licensure
- Preparing students to manage their personal and business affairs
- Producing well-trained well-educated employees
- Establish partnerships with the community, post secondary education, business, and industry
- Provide students with comprehensive career counseling and advising service
Availability of Postsecondary Education and Employment Data Published by the State Council of Higher Education of Virginia
Availability of Postsecondary Education and Employment Data Published by the State Council of Higher Education of Virginia Students and their families are encouraged to use a variety of information sources to select a college and major. The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) provides a source on this website.
Students and prospective students may find the information resources of the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) useful in planning for college and careers. SCHEV has created an institutional profile for each Virginia public college and university and for each independent college or university participating in the Virginia tuition Assistance Grant Program. The profile is available at this website.
Richmond Public Schools strive to equip our students with information and access for post-secondary education and employment data. Information can also be provided through our School Counselors and Career Coaches at every high school.
Career and Technical Education Annual Notice